Thursday, May 26, 2016

A Holiday Weekend Throwback

When I look back at posts to include in my throwbacks, I often find it hard to believe that time passes so quickly...because in all honesty, the days go by slow!  Is that weird? Or do you know what I mean?
Memorial Day weekend is here!  It's the unofficial kick-off to summer and for me it means that the end of the school year is near!  Woo hoo!  So for today's #TBT, I thought I'd share last year's Memorial Day weekend Recap!  Enjoy!  And enjoy the upcoming three-day weekend!
__________________________________________________________________



Who doesn't love a three day weekend!!  

I kicked mine off with a wedding on Friday night!  A woman I used to work with at my old school's daughter got married.  She and I have kept in touch over the years, since I moved to a new school and she retired.  We always try to get together during each day off and once during vacations for lunch.  Her husband joins us often too! I always have fun chatting and catching up with them.  It was a beautiful wedding.  The peeps at my table ALL left after dinner to get home to their kids, so I was pretty much alone.  I went and got a drink at the bar and ended up watching the end of the Rangers game on the bartender's cell phone! #SolitaryLifeProbs (They won that game, but lost last night!...get it together boys!)

Saturday  didn't really have any plans, so I laid out on the postage stamp patio and then sat out in the front with my book until the sun went down.  Oh and I also spent an hour and a half live chatting with my new boyfriend cable tech guy, when my internet went down!  The horror!  (Which is actually also why I'm posting later today!!).  After such a long chat, I still had to make an appointment to have a guy come out to replace my wireless router!

So with no internet I read a bunch then later on that night decided to order American Sniper On Demand.  I don't know if any of you have seen it, but for me, it was difficult to watch. It shows the difficulty and sacrifice that the toll of war takes on our military servicemen and woman and their families. Bradley Cooper totally embodied the role and did an awesome job.  It was certainly not the Bradley Cooper I know and love!! But it was very well done and I'm glad I finally got the chance to see it.

Sunday my sister had everyone over to her house for a Memorial Day BBQ.  It was a lot of fun.  The weather was NOT that great!  My family likes sun...and although it made a few weak appearances throughout the day, for the most part, it was cloudy, windy and cold. Booooo!!!!  (Get me back to Florida...STAT!)  But the company was great, the food was yummy and the drinks were flowing...so all in all a successful party...even though no one left with a tan!  :)
 All the adults (or most anyway!) relaxing by the fire before the chaos that was SMORES began! 


Oh and have you tried THIS???  
It's so YUM!!  Sam Summer has long been MY BEER during the summers but I think I just might have to switch it up this year!! It's a Limited Edition called Porch Rocker and it's like beer and lemonade!  So refreshing!!  Definitely give it a try this summer!!

After a late night last night, I slept in this morning...til 8:15!  Hahahaha.  Cleaned up the house and waited for the Cable Guy. I was luckily enough to get an appointment for today, even though I felt bad that they worked!!  I originally wanted to get to the Memorial Day Parade on Main Street, but my service call window was in the middle on it.  Which also meant I missed a lot of the good sun today!  And today ended up being the best of all three days this weekend!  But I was able to enjoy some of it.  Then I came in a did my usual Sunday things...laundry and school work.  Ugh....

Oh and with my internet back up and running, I may have indulged in some of the Memorial Day Sales online.  I did really great with my "no shopping" goal in January, February and March...I bought absolutely no clothes then.  But April and the Spring Challenge came along, and the wheels began to fall off my wagon.  It's safe to say that after today, the wheels have completely come off!!  Compared to last year at this time, I'm doing well, but I do wish I had made it a little further in the year before I tanked it!!  But I can still say, I never buy anything unless it's on sale, and this weekend, the sales were just too good to pass up!!

Did you go to any barbeques. parades or shop any sales this weekend?  let me know in the comments below!!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!
Remember and pray today for those who sacrificed so much!

Katie
________________________________________________________________

This post originally appeared on the blog on Monday, May 25, 2015

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!