Monday, January 8, 2018

TBB Asks: New Year, New You!

We are 8 days into the new year, and I can already say New Year...same ME!!  LOL
But I'm going to have lots of fun with today's TBB Asks! Linking up with the ladies of The Blended Blog today for this month's round of  telling questions!  These are always such fun, easy posts and I love getting to know more about everyone!!  Answer the following questions on your blog or social media account and play along with us!!





1- No resolutions!
I try and I try and I always break them.  This is what 38 years of me is...Always changing and growing, yes, but I don't need to set resolutions that I know I'll break!

2-No Snow!
I'm a summer girl through and through!!


3- Austin, Texas
I don't think it's in the cards, but I'd love to be able to travel to Austin this year!  I've never been there and have always wanted to go...for the great music and food!

4- Hair Cut or Color?   BOTH
It's not often that I get my hair done, so each time, I get both a cut and color.  And right now, I am way overdue!!  Thanks goodness it's hat season and I can stick a hat on my head to cover these roots.

5-Something I'd love to do for Myself this year.... Spa Days!
When I had a Spa Day for my sister's 40th Birthday back in November, my sisters mentioned that maybe a monthly spa day is something I need.  So it got me thinking!  I'm not sure I could swing a monthly Spa Day for myself, but maybe seasonal??  I'm gonna give it a try!!

6- Least favorite thing about January...the COLD!
Hands Down!!  The cold! And it has seriously been beyond cold these last few weeks...below zero temps!!  Gross!!
I might look happy here, all bundled up for the cold, but I'm NOT!!


7- Favorite thing about January
Nothing really...lol...maybe just the newness of it all.  A fresh planner?!?


8- When do you take down Christmas Decorations?
Usually Little Christmas, January 6th.  This year though, because we had two snow days this week, I started taking them down then.  Everything is down now, except the tree, which I am dreading taking down.  Maybe next weekend!!
My Nativity, always the first thing up and the last thing I take down on Little Christmas, January 6th!


9- Diet?
Hahahahaha....nope!  Should I? Perhaps...but nah!!  My winter sweaters will cover the extra 3 to 5 pounds I might gain!

10- What area of the home do you organize the most?
Definitely the Great Room area because it's the most visible when I have guests.  So I'm always tidying up and changing out decorations!

11- Favorite Winter Comfort Food
Soup!  Nice and easy and just totally warms my bones!  If I have oyster crackers to put in it, even better!!

12- Favorite Guilty Pleasure
Is hibernating in the winter a guilty pleasure!!!???? If leaving the house in this bloody cold weather is not absolutely necessary, I'd really rather not!! I'd much prefer being wrapped in a blanket with a book!


8 comments:

  1. OMG... The Wife Between Us is next on my list to read. I am now reading The Woman in the Window which is pretty good so far. I came over from TBB. My first time and there seems to be some great bloggers. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year beautiful! Wrapped in a blanket with a book is the BEST place to be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes to spa days and boo to this nasty, cold weather! Happy New Year, Katie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, you are summer are meant to be together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always wanted to try a spa day! The ski lodge I went to for NYE weekend had a lovely spa but I could only afford one treatment (a pedicure). I so wanted to spend the whole day there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, I don't know how anyone does cold temps. It gets to be 40° here and I don't want to go outside, lol! I'm such a wimp when it comes to being cold! Yay for soup and being warm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katie = summer. You are definitely not a winter girl! I'm with you on the soups!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always make me laugh. So glad I stopped by for a chuckle. I have on a huge and not terribly fashionable poncho from the market in Juarez, Mexico and I am loving how it glides right over the lumps from too many Christmas cookies. Might become my 2018 fashion statement piece! or peace!!!

    Gotta read that book.

    Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!