Friday, January 18, 2019

Cheers to a Three Day Weekend!!


Friday!  Was this a long week for anyone else!!  Eeekkkk...happy to have Friday here!!  On to my faves of this week!

{ONE}
An absolute favorite this week was having my sister Tara out!  She came over and made me dinner and it was delicious!! It was a farro vegetable bowl!  I had never had farro before...but it is totally something I would have again. I'm totally wishing now that I got a photo of my meal and with my sister!  But I'm including it anyway because I loved the meal so much and any time I get to spend with my sister is always a treat.


{TWO}
I got my FitFabFun Starter Box!  My sister sent me a code to try it out and I'm so glad I did.  I think I'm already hooked.  Can't wait to get my first FULL box next season!

{THREE}
I've been working on this bulletin board at school pretty much since we've been back!  And Monday it finally came together.   On the snowflakes are book reviews that our fifth grade students wrote to help their friends find something fun to read during these awful, dreary long days of winter!  The sweet saying was made up by one of the girls in the class.  And I just love the bulletin board letters I got from KG Fonts on Teachers Pay Teachers!  When I look at this board it makes me happy...it's so bright and cheery!  We've received tons of compliments on it. And even better...we're all ready for Catholic Schools Week!!


{FOUR}
This book just spoke to me! It's about an elementary school librarian!  I think it'll be a fun quick read!  I'm looking forward to reading it over my long weekend!  Review to come on the blog after...I'm tracking all by books on the blog and insta this year! Follow me @solitarylife101



{FIVE}
SO looking forward to this three day weekend.  Tomorrow I am headed to see Spring Awakening with my sister, Meg and and my bestie, Mel.  Were going to a fairly new theatre close to home.  When we see shows in these local theatres, it is honestly like were seeing them on Broadway! Without the tremendous price tag!  Ha!  All three of us were fans of the TV Rise, which actually didn't last long, but the premise of the show was set in a high school and the main character, a drama teacher was fighting for his students to put on this super controversial show.  The TV show didn't make it, but tomorrow we'll get to see the show for real....ha.  I remember wanting to see it when it was on Broadway and after it won the TONY!  So I'm really excited for our girls' night!!




A bonus favorite...in celebration and memory of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.  This week of teaching is always my favorite.  Our read aloud in the library is Martin's Big Words.  This is a wonderful book for our youngest students through to our oldest students.  It's filled with Dr. King's words that applied to our history and still apply today.  Our older students who have heard the story before, I asked to read it with a new set of eyes.  And they did.  SO many great discussions about America during Martin's time and the state of our nation today!
Ain't that the truth Friends?!?

If you're lucky enough to get the day off on Monday, enjoy it...and thanks for stopping by the blog today!

Linking up with Erika and Tif today, too!!


6 comments:

  1. Hey you!!! Long time no visit and HERE I AM! LOL So...I want to read that book. I also love me some farrow so tell your sister to share the recipe so you can post it. I hope you have the best time (know you will) with your sister at the show. Happy weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Girl!! Will definitely get you the recipe!! Hope you are having a great weekend!!

      Delete
  2. Spring Awakening is an amazing musical - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not had Farro either but I'd love to try it. I always start eating and then I'm like DARN! I should have taken a picture of my food! Ha! The bulletin board is so cute, great job! Hope you are having a great weekend!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kellyann, Highly recommend farro! It was delish!! Hope you are enjoying your weekend as well! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Have you tried the Blaq masks yet? They came in my full Winter box and I've been putting them off. I'm going to try them tonight!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!