Wednesday, June 8, 2016

7 Days of looks...or three! Who's counting?!?

Create 28 with the Ladies of The Blended Blog kicked off on June 1st! Each day during the month of June a Blended Blog contributor will showcase a look based on a specific summer prompt on their personal blogs! Then on Wednesdays, like today, we are all linking up to show how we interpreted one, some or all the the week's looks!  Join in on the fun and link up with us!




I followed the prompt to a tee on three days, but only photographed two!  #Fail  I might have spent a lazy weekend in nothing but yoga pants (or pjs...whatev!), so I was out for those days. but figured I could show my takes on the looks previously too.

Here's what I came up with!

Day One: Lana  showed us her go-to summer dress!  That was also the day of the final Style Perspectives, which was a maxi dress!  For me, the maxi dress is definitely a summer go-to!  It was also, Alison's prompt on Day 6....so two birds, one stone, as they say!
This maxi got was the most commented on, so I thought I'd feature it again!


Day Two was a surprise look care of Lisa. This one I did follow!
I surprised myself with I much I liked this look!  It's a corally, lacy, light top!  I am still wearing dress pants to work.  But can wear white jeans with it in summer or even with a pair of my favorite JCrew shorts.  Even though it's longer sleeves, it will be a good outfit for nights out to dinner on the water, where there's a little breeze.  Lots of restaurants in town are on the water and I like to frequent them in the summer!



I also didn't wear the leopard flats in the picture you see here.  I swapped them out for these fun flats....prompt on day 7!  Thanks Christy!!


Saturday's  prompt was a navy/nautical style, much like a prompt during our Style Perspectives where I came up with this look.  Sheila, the Queen of all things Nautical looked great on Saturday.!  I saved this look for a Monday night at the movies with my mom but failed to get a photo!  Booooooo..... (A light sweater is always good for the movie theater!)



Sunday, Sarah was a beauty, showing us her warm weather wedding looks. The only wedding I had this summer was my cousin's back in May.  I wore this dress, which I also featured as a graduation look during Style Perspectives. 

 I actually have now gotten something else to wear to Friday's graduation festivities.  It was a hundred dollar dress on sale for $20 bucks, and I has sleeves, which being in church is a must!  I thought it was a good buy!  LOL


The only other look I am not featuring today is Pretty in Peplum from day three, but please head over to Whitney's blog to see her peplum...pretty indeed!!

Create 28 is so much fun and gives me lots of ideas about how to wear things.  I'm up on Friday, with my Beach Bum look.   I'm really excited for it.  Come on back to see how it turns out!!

And join us for the next round of looks!


Now get to linkin' ladies!!  :)


7 comments:

  1. Love how you recapped the week with what everyone did! :) Love that summer dress still!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, I can see why the maxi was the most commented- holy beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I am SO behind on the times, BUT DETAILS ON THAT MAXI DRESS PLEASE!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those flats - such pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the maxi and long necklace. Looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Umm, those flats are super awesome. Are they like neon snakeskin?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great way to showcase your looks and promote what everyone else was wearing. LOVE your flats. Those pastel colors and that cute pattern will go with so many different options and will allow for some subtle pattern mixing. It can be 110 degrees here, and I still like having sleeves or a sweater. Your coral top is perfect for AC days...and evenings on the water!!!...yes, please!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!