Thursday, June 30, 2016

Easy Entertaining for a Festive 4th!



I thought I've give something new a try on the blog today!   I'm actually sharing a recipe!!

During the summer, my family and I have a ton of BBQ get-togethers!  I joked last year, that we are not your typical BBQ crowd.  When you think BBQ you think hamburgers, hot dogs, cole slaw, potato salad and such!  More times than not, in my family a BBQ means chicken, salmon and steak. And sides like spinach salad, corn salad, and couscous! We are a healthy bunch I suppose!  I'm not really though!  Everybody is so good about bringing things.  I bring a bottle of something or a case of beer, the hummus, cheese and crackers...lol.  Like I said....EASY!

My sister reminded me the other day though that I actually have a summer recipe that everyone loves, that I haven't made in forever!!!  And that got me really excited for making it.  I plan to bring it to our 4th of July party.  I got this recipe from a friend of mine I used to work with.  She was our school nurse so all her recipes are easy and healthy!



Sun-dried Tomato  & Spinach Bow Tie Pasta

1 lb. bowtie pasta (really you can use your fave pasta!) I like to use the mini pasta!
3 green onions chopped
2 oz. of sundried tomatoes-cut into strips.  You can get the jar or strips as well!
1 bag of baby spinach, shredded (I usually don't use the whole bag)
1 T dried oregano
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, divided
3 T olive oil
1-2 tsp crushed red pepper (optional...but so good!)
1 clove garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste


Cook pasta, drain, and rinse under cold water.
Place pasta in a large bowl. Add onions, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, oregano, salt and 1/2 cup of the Parmesan.

The Dressing:
In a small jar with a lid,  (mason jars work!) combine oil, crushed red pepper, minced garlic, salt and pepper.  Shake well!

Pour the dressing over the pasta and toss until evenly coated.
Before serving, sprinkle with the remaining parmesan cheese.
Let sit out 15 to 20 minutes before serving.  Can be made and placed in the fridge over night too!

This is super yummy!  Enjoy!

Lots of time when I'm over at The Blended Blog, cocktails are my thing!!  So I thought I'd share a fun festive one on my blog today! I saw this one on pinterest and thought it sounded delish. The Original recipe calls for Razz Rum. Because I didn't have that, though, I changed it up a bit!  I used 2 shots of Raspberry vodka.  Raspberry vodka and lemonade is a favorite.  The red in the drink is a splash of grenadine. And the blue is 2 shots of Blue Curacao.

Here's my recipe...

I'll be sippin', eating, and all decked out in patriotic goodness this holiday weekend!!  Hope you and yours have a fun and festive 4th!!


And don't forget to head over to The Blended Blog today to check out favorite posts from around our individual blog from the past month!!



4 comments:

  1. The recipes both sound delicious! I'm so excited for 4th of July food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy! Would love you to hop over and link with our spiel the beans linkup from Tuesday on fave summer salads! Have a super 4th

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! This sounds like a perfect summer dish!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!