Friday, June 10, 2016

Beach Bum Stlye {Create 28}

Seriously!!  How much fun is Create 28!?!  I've just loved seeing everyone's looks styled.  And I'm super excited to take a turn today and show my Beach Bum Style!  Earlier this week on The Blended Blog, I posted about my summer essentials!  And now I'm totally in Summer Mode....

 So C'mon...today we're heading to the beach!!




This is basically my look when I go to the beach!  For maybe the last three years!  HA!  This super versatile cover up is easy to throw on on your way to the beach and just as easy to take off when you hit the sand.  I bought it at Victoria's Secret a few years ago, and it was still available up until this year!  They've finally updated it a bit.  But being plain black, I'm ok with keeping it for years, and years...and years!!  A great cover up is key!!
I'm not sure why but this is one of my favorite photos ever!

If you saw my post over at The Blended Blog Monday than you know hats are my thing!  The fedoras my favorite, but the floppy hat and baseball caps are in rotation too!!


When I picked this prompt, I promised the girls of The Blended Blog that I wouldn't post a selfie in my swim suit, and I won't, but what is a Beach Bum post without a swimsuit?  When it comes to suits, I wear what I am most comfortable in or what the situation warrants.  I once wore a "cheeky" bikini to the beach with my family...and will NEVER, EVER live that down!! So these days I go for the classic bikini or bandeau style one piece!!  LOL
This chick looks better in this suit than I ever will!!
I got this suit last year and love, love, love it!!  (it's no longer available, but Adore Me has super cute suits for every body at super affordable prices!!

I attempted a new bikini this year, but hated the way I looked in it and ended up returning it! #thumbsdown #stillonthehunt

I bought this suit two summers ago and wore it maybe twice!  I found it again recently, so plan on making it my go to one piece this summer!!  


And who goes to the beach without a trusty pair of shades!  These are my beach sunnies for the summer!!

There you have it!  My Beach Bum style.  I might be working today, but the weather's great!  If you are lucky enough to be off, head to the beach....and don't forget the sunscreen!!

Have a great weekend!!!  And don't forget to follow along with Create28 all June long!  And link up with us each Wednesday!!





6 comments:

  1. Love that strapless bathing suit! i wish I could pull that off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the strapless bathing suit too! And I think you love that picture so much because you look so incredibly happy and are just shining!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was so you - I totally think of you when I think beach style! Love your bathing suits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I JUST bought a super cute black coverup from Victoria's Secret because I didn't have a very versatile one. I also ordered a swimsuit and the bottoms are cheekier than I thought...I'm not sure about them yet. I don't know if the bottoms of my buns really need to see that much light!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am fairly certain you look pretty darn great in your bathing suits, too. that yellow and navy reminds me of you and I can imagine you wearing it well. I told PC that I used to wear string bikinis and he was shocked. I didn't always look like a grandma, though! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that pic of you too, you look so happy!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments! They make me smile so big!